Hi guys,Lately I’ve been very sick 😷 and I’m currently changing medication to hopefully help me and that’s why My posts are sporadic as I do them as an when I can so please bare with me, it’s also why I haven’t been able to do any face paint for a while due to fatigue and sickness.😘🤗
This post will be about how my illness affects me daily as postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) is different for everyone and that’s why it’s so hard to treat/get under control.
So to start off I have a condition called joint hyper mobility syndrome (JHMS) this affects all my joints and mainly my back and can cause me pain . I guess the only plus of JHMS is extra flexibility 🤔.
Not everyone with JHMS will have or get POTS syndrome but I’m one of the lucky ones 😂🙈. Also this means unlike some other forms of POTS mine will not go away and I will have to deal with it long term.
I have noticed that it’s a very long process and many people being miss diagnosed due to ignorance or health care professionals, the amount of times I was told my issues were psychological I would be a millionaire trust me 😂.
My main symptoms
• Dizziness- this is a daily occurance even with medication, but has improved
• vomiting – I find this to be my worst symptom as I am sick usually daily and it’s caused me to have chronic gastritis and eroded my teeth. I am on two different anti sickness tablets but will talk about them later.
• Fatigue- this is an on and off thing I can be bursting full of energy one minute and the next I can’t lift my head off a pillow. This is why it’s difficult to make plans as I hate letting people down.
• Sertaline depression
• Co codamol pain
• Proclorperazine anti sickness
• Ondansatron anti sickness
• Propanol beta blocker anti dizziness
• Doxycycline for hormone imbalance/acne
• Fludrocortisone steroid anti dizziness
• Lanzoprazole to protect my stomach
I also have to take my own laxatives and anti constipation medication to regulate myself. I also take vitamin drinks daily to help replace some of what I lose through sickness.
Anyways if you have any further questions just ask me I’m an open book 🤗
Do any of you have pots?
Do you have similar symptoms?